Friday, January 7, 2011

Word Bit (1)


Word Bit
is a fun, new meme hosted by Alissa at The Grammarian's Reviews.

I love, love, love this meme! Words are so fun and I'm glad they're finally being featured in this snazzy, new meme. Sometimes, words are powerful enough to have an effect on someone, but other times, they're just not enough. Here's to words!


Word of the week is...

PLATONIC

pluh-ton-ik
{adjective}
- purely spiritual; free from sensual desire, especially in a relationship between two persons of the opposite sex
(from dictionary.com: based on the Random House Dictionary)

I stumbled upon this word when reading This Girl is Different by JJ Johnson and chose it for Word Bit (yes, me, the hopeless romantic). It rolled quite nicely on my tongue when I said it out loud. So I asked my mom what it meant and she mentioned Plato...then expanded further.

It's the type of love that's real or idealistic, without thinking of beauty or sex. It's free of lust and full of spirit. Basically, it's the real deal.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show us your bookful of thoughts! :)