Sunday, May 15, 2011

Justine's Thoughts: Blood Promise by Richelle Mead

Blood Promise (Vampire Academy #4)
By Richelle Mead

Source: Library
Pages:
503
Rating: 5/5
A quote:

Love wasn’t a fling in a back room at a party. It was something you lived and died for.

Any thoughts (Vague spoilers ahead):

Rose is set on a journey to do the one thing she thought she’d never have to do -- but has to. In a book so thrilling and suspenseful, it’s all up to Rose with this one promise she’s made with herself.

It just keeps getting better and better. I had thought that the previous book was my favourite, but if I could have more than one, this would be it! My emotions were running on high all the while. At some times, I didn’t know what to feel. Whether it was shock or sadness or relief -- it was crazy! It was the same with Rose, as she was experiencing conflicting emotions. But I had to admire her for getting through a time of vulnerability with such courage and determination. She’s such a kickass heroine. And I could absolutely say that in every VA novel because it’s true every time.

There are new characters and revelations in this book -- a family that I really enjoyed, a grandmother so strange but clever, a man that goes by the name of Zmey, and a couple who has surprising abilities. Although Rose isn’t fully at St. Vladimir’s, a part of her is, and there were still the old characters I love most : Lissa, Christian, Adrian, as well as some new ones...

The ending brilliantly gave way to an arising plot that I’m dying to get into. But I must wait again for the perfect opportunity to read Spirit Bound, the next book. After all, I don’t want this series to end. So I’m going to just try and relish each moment. The key word being try, because it is such an impossible wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Show us your bookful of thoughts! :)