Thursday, April 5, 2012

Justine's Thoughts: The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa


The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey #2)
By Julie Kagawa
Source: Borrowed from Sarah
Pages:
 359
A quote:
Shopping is just another form of hunting. All fey are hunters, whether they admit it or not. It's in our nature, pet, nothing unnatural about it

Thoughts (Vague Spoilers):
Expectations: It’s the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa so of course I figured it was going to be epic. And lo and behold, it went beyond my expectations.

About Setting: I’m in love with the world of fey. Every time it gets so much better, expanding its horizons that I wish I could be in that place. But not really because it can be quite scary sometimes. The Winter Court is explored more in this novel than the previous one, which gives a haunting, cold air. Now it is easier to see the contrast between The Winter Court and The Summer Court.

About Characters: I admire Meghan for many things. It must be so difficult to be in her situation. I could feel her heart crushing to pieces at times and it would hurt me. Meghan would emotionally break down because it’s difficult not to at times, but she would strengthen herself and face whatever comes at her. Although I like physically strong heroines -- which Meghan definitely doesn’t fall under -- I really like mentally strong ones too. Puck and Ash as well as Grim (!) are back in the story so it really set the mood to my preferences.
Oh and I think I’ve made up my mind that I’m Team Ash. I do love Puck because of his goofiness but I love Ash because of his tortured heart. It just stirs up emotions in me!

About Plot: Plenty of adventurous trips, once again. There is so much more tension and angst that you can’t help but ache for! Overall, however, it’s your exciting joy ride and you will never ever be bored. The end? It’s bittersweet. (And I cannot say no more!)

Overall Rating: Y Y Y Y Y
Fantastic second book in the series and I’m ever so glad that it might possibly be better than the first. It’s a thrilling series, that I can say. I am more than excited to get on reading The Iron Queen.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Show us your bookful of thoughts! :)