Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday's Finest (14)


Friday's Finest is a new meme hosted by Steff & Justine from A Bookful of Thoughts.

Rules:

~Post a quote that really stuck to you after reading it in a book.
~Make sure it isn't a spoiler!
~If you'd like, expand on what you think it means and why you chose it.


"In nineteen minutes, you can mow the front lawn; color your hair; watch a third of a hockey game. In nineteen minutes, you can bake scones or get a tooth filled by a dentist; you can fold laundry for a family of five.
In nineteen minutes, you can stop the world; or you can just jump off it. "

Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult

There are so much quoteable passages in this novel. And I promise to share them all. There's just so much meaning...

4 comments:

  1. Whoa, that's a good one. I haven't read anything by Picoult but I've been wanting to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is mine: http://dillerhome.blogspot.com/2010/04/fridays-finest.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lOved this book :) great choice, especially the last line. (and I forgot to post my own Friday's Finest, whoops :P)

    ReplyDelete

Show us your bookful of thoughts! :)