Thursday, May 13, 2010

Justine's (Mini) Thoughts: City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

City of Ashes
By Cassandra Clare

Pages:

453

Book Description:

In this breathtaking sequel to City of Bones, Cassandra Clare lures her readers back into the dark grip of New York City's Downworld, where love is never safe and power becomes the deadliest temptation.

A quote:

Desire is not always lessened by disgust. Nor can it be bestowed, like a favour, to those most deserving of it. And as my words bind my magic, so you can know the truth.

Any thoughts:

I read this in one weekend! I’m so proud, because lately I’ve been reading books for weeks. And that’s not good for a book blogger.

City of Ashes is definitely an amazing sequel. It’s as good as City of Bones...maybe even better. I just love reading into the world Cassandra Clare has created. I love reading the relationships between characters, especially Jace and Clary, and the new ones that are beginning to sprout. I love, love, love the scene with the Queen of Seelie Court - that was strange but beautiful. I love the action (!) in the end where epic battles occur. I love Valentine, who is probably one of my favourite villains of all time. And I love everything about this series.

Cassandra Clare, you continue to impress me! I’m looking forward for City of Glass, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show us your bookful of thoughts! :)