Thursday, April 15, 2010

Justine's Thoughts: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

City of Bones
By Cassandra Clare

Pages:

485

Book Description:

When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder--much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It’s hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing--not even a smear of blood--to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?

This is Clary’s first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the eath of demons. It’s also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace’s world with a vengeance when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundane like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know. . .

Exotic and gritty, exhilarating and utterly gripping, Cassandra Claire’s ferociously entertaining fantasy takes readers on a wild ride they will never want to end.

A quote:

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, and then throw it in the face of the person who gave you the lemons until they give you the oranges you originally asked for.

Any thoughts:

City of Bones is fully packed with action involving creatures that would cause a spark in your curiosity and imagination. What I loved most was how it started in the very beginning and from then on I became fully engrossed, and I was always looking forward to continue reading.

The characters were fantastic. Each one of them draws you more into the story. Clary is a normal teenager, stubborn, strong, and the kind who doesn’t really know she’s beautiful. She irritated me at times, but I always found myself sticking by her decisions, because if not, then we won’t have an interesting story. Simon is Clary’s best friend, the really nice, nerdy type of guy, and I prefer him to be nothing more. Jace...*dreamy sigh*...now he is my type of guy--powerful, funny, confident, unbreakable on the outside, but beneath all that is a whole other side of him that I love.

And in the very end came an unexpected twist. I was blown into pieces when I read it. I kept thinking, “WHY?!” But all I can say is that the truth is unveiled. And you now what they say about the truth--it hurts. Well, it did hurt me, and now I’m torn, which is why I shall soon read the next instalment in the series: City of Ashes.

7 comments:

  1. Great review Justine! I LOVE this book and the rest of the series. I have yet to find one that lives up to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started reading this book yesterday. I'm a few chapters in. I'm slowly getting into it. Not really sure how I feel so far about Jace though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome review! The twist surprised me too, but I absolutely love this series! I tore through this series like I was starving :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome review! I love this series and can NOT wait for City Of Fallen Angels. And a quick tip? Just keep reading, it's gets WAY better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this book too. OH JACE!! He's amazing isn't he?

    And that twist did catch me off guard completely... I don't want to spoil anything but like KayLyn says, JUST KEEP READING. It does get better :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent review! The characters sound really well-developed. And I'm constantly hearing that this series is great, so I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://www.enews.pk this site is very excellent which provide the information about the peace.

    ReplyDelete

Show us your bookful of thoughts! :)