Monday, December 28, 2009

Justine's Thoughts: Airhead & Being Nikki by Meg Cabot

Airhead & Being Nikki
By Meg Cabot

Pages:

337 (Airhead)
336 (Being Nikki)

Book Description:

Emerson Watts didn’t even want to go to the new SoHo Stark Megastore grand opening. But someone needed to look out for her sister, Frida, whose crush, British heartthrob Gabriel Luna, would be singing and signing autographs there - along with the newly appointed Face of Stark, teen supermodel sensation Nikki Howard.

How was Em to know that disaster would strike, changing her - and life as she’d known it - forever? One bizarre accident later, and Em Watts, always the tomboy, never the party princess, is no longer herself. Literally.

Now getting her best friend, Christopher, to notice that she’s actually a girl is the least of Em’s problems.

But what Em’s pretty sure she’ll never be able to accept might just turn out to be the one thing that’s going to make her dream come true...

(Airhead)

A quote:

Family was people who needed you. Family was people who had nothing when you had everything.
You had to do what was right by them. You had to, even if doing so broke your heart.

- (Being Nikki)

Any thoughts:

A few minutes ago, I just finished reading the second book out of the series. I didn’t get to review the first one so what I’ll do is the same thing I did with The Vampire Diaries series. I’ll talk about them in general.

When I first read the summary, my first thought was, “Whaa..?” I was so confused! (Later I realized how dumb I was, haha.) But I knew I had to read it. I mean, it’s by Meg Cabot! She’s awesome! And the minute I finished Airhead, I knew I made the right choice because not only does it leave you questions that are just desperate to find its answers, but it makes you really think. There’s a deep message beneath the whole plot of the series. If you put science or technology and beauty or fame together, you’ll figure it out. That’s what makes it so special.

I love Em Watts as the heroine. She’s laugh-out-loud funny, intelligent and unselfish. And it’s pretty amusing how she adjusts herself with the new lifestyle. The other characters are really fun, as well. I often find that Meg Cabot’s characters are relatable and enjoyable so it’s easy to love them.

I’m guessing it’s mostly aimed at teens, though they do say quite a few swear words. So if you’re interested in reading something light and entertaining, then this is the book for you.


5 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Airhead (Em was a super fun MC-I liked how she still thought about her crush while other uber hot dudes threw themselves at her...she just wants normalcy!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. going to add this to my TBR list. I have been working so much don't have much time :( LOL..SO I will have to live through your reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. great review, and it sounds entertaining...holy hell my TBR pile keeps growing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loved Airhead, but had a bit of trouble getting into Being Nikki at first. But, as you said, it's MEG CABOT. You just have to read her books! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to read some Meg. I hear such great things about her writing.

    ReplyDelete

Show us your bookful of thoughts! :)