Friday, October 23, 2009

Friday Finds (2)

Friday Finds is held weekly by MizB at Should Be Reading.

I usually add about a dozen to my TBR list. Here's a preview of a few of them and as well as the songs I've heard this week:


---


Identical
by Ella Hopkins

Description:

Do twins begin in the womb?
Or in a better place?

Kaeleigh and Raeanne are identical down to the dimple. As daughters of a district-court judge father and a politician mother, they are an all-American family- on the surface. Behind the facade each sister has her own dark secret, and that''s where their differences begin.
For Kaeleigh, she's the misplaced focus of Daddy's love, intended for a mother whose presence on the campaign trail means absence at home. All that Raeanne sees is Daddy playing a game of favorites -- and she is losing. If she has to lose, she will do it on her own terms, so she chooses drugs, alcohol, and sex.

Secrets like the ones the twins are harboring are not meant to be kept- from each other or anyone else. Pretty soon it's obvious that neither sister can handle it alone, and one sister must step up to save the other, but the question is- who?

Far From You
by Lisa Schroeder

Description:

Lost and alone...down the rabbit hole

Years have passed since Alice lost her mother to cancer, but time hasn't quite healed the wound. Alice copes the best she can, by writing her music, losing herself in the love of her boyfriend, and distancing herself from her father and his new wife.

But when a deadly snowstorm traps Alice with her stepmother and newborn half-sister, she'll face issues she's been avoiding for too long. As Alice looks to the heavens for guidance, she discovers something wonderful.

Perhaps she's not so alone after all...

---

Song(s):

Universal Soldier (Buffy-Saint Marie) by First Aid Kit
- I discovered them through someone from Twitter. I forget... But anywho, they're sisters and they sound really great! Click here to hear the song.

Avalanche by Marie Digby
- I loooove Marie Digby! Click here to watch the music video.

I Want You Back - Sonos
- After I heard it for the first time, I honestly couldn't stop playing it. Not only is it catchy, the combination of voices are amazing and the harmonies are brilliant! And it'll make you sing along. Click here for awesomeness.

1 comment:

  1. I have Far From You in my TBR pile and I'm adding Identical to my WL!

    ReplyDelete

Show us your bookful of thoughts! :)