Monday, October 19, 2009

Justine's Thoughts: Prada & Prejudice by Manda Hubbard


Prada & Prejudice
By Manda Hubbard

Pages:

238

Book Description:

Callie falls head over heels - literally!

Callie is tired of being a clumsy geek-girl. So during a school trip to London, she buys her ticket to popularity, a pair of real Prada pumps. But then she wobbles on the cobblestones, trips in her too-high heels, and conks her head. When she comes to, it’s the year 1815!
Luckily she meets kindhearted Emily, who mistakes Callie for a long-lost friend. Sparks soon ignite--of the nice and not-so-nice variety--between Callie and Alex, the handsome but totally arrogant Duke of Harksbury. Too bad Alex seems to have something sinister up his ruffled sleeve...
Can Callie save Emily from a dire engagement, win a kiss from Alex, and prove to herself that she’s more than just a loud-mouth klutz before her time in the past is up?

Any thoughts:
  • I don’t know what to think of this one, really. I didn’t love it, but I thought it was quite enjoyable, maybe more suitable for younger ages.
  • Callie’s a great heroine, don’t get me wrong. I just felt that she was childish...in a way. She would make remarks that I’m not used to reading. Or maybe it’s just me...I’m not really sure.
  • The plot was what interested me. You don’t normally get to read about a person going centuries back into the past. I also like what Callie learns about her little trip: that she should stand up for herself and not care about what other people think. That’s a lesson to be learned for everyone.


2 comments:

  1. I thought this one was good fun but was a bit disappointed with the ending - I wanted to find out what happened to the people in the past - I agree though that it's probably aimed at younger readers. Thanks for the review:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I really want to read this one.

    ReplyDelete

Show us your bookful of thoughts! :)