Monday, October 12, 2009

Justine's Thoughts: Plan B by Jenny O'Connell


Plan B
By Jenny O’Connell

Pages:

275

Book Description:

Vanessa has the next year of her life pretty much figured out. Sure there’s some parental convincing to do but she and her celebrity-obsessed gal pal Taylor pretty much think their plan is airtight.

Then Vanessa’s parents get a mysterious phone call and drop a bombshell on her that she never could have imagined. She has a half brother. And he’s coming to live with them.

If that wasn’t bad enough, this half brother is none other than Hollywood bad boy Reed Vaughn. He’s famous. He’s going to be a senior, too. And he’s going to ruin Vanessa’s life for sure. . . .

A quote:

“Just because you rehearse something doesn’t mean that when the time comes it will turn out perfect. There are all sorts of things that can go wrong.”
“That’s true, but you can’t prepare for ever possible contingency. Just go out there and do the best you can.”

Any thoughts:

  • Plan B, in my opinion, is one of Jenny O’Connell’s best works. I truly loved it. I could tell how organized the plot was, which I thought was very interesting and unique. You don’t read something like that everyday.
  • Vanessa Carlisle is our heroine. She’s hilarious, smart and has everything planned out. Sure, she makes stupid choices, but her half brother Reed Vaughn is there to guide her, even though he needs guiding himself. So they help each other, which, to me, just makes me so happy.
  • When Vanessa found out about her half brother, I couldn’t help but laugh at her reactions. They were just so realistic that if I were in her situation, I would find myself reacting the same way. She’s that relatable.
  • The novel has everything you can look for, some in bits and pieces, but enough to get (and possible learn) the message. I would definitely recommend this book to everrryone out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show us your bookful of thoughts! :)