Monday, October 12, 2009

Justine's Thoughts: Tantalize by Cynthia Leitich Smith

Tantalize
By Cynthia Leitich Smith

Pages:

311

Book Description:

Quincie Morris has never felt more alone. Her hybrid-werewolf first love is threatening to leave her forever. And just as she and her uncle are about to unveil Austin’s first vampire-themed restaurant, their chef’s brutal murder leaves Quincie scrambling to transform fresh-faced Henry Johnson into a culinary Dark Lord in time for opening night. But there’s more than meets the eye to this new hire, and Quincie is about to learn a whole lot about love...and blood.

A quote:

"It’s not just a sunset," I said, going for poetic. "It’s a moonrise, too."

Any thoughts:

  • I think this is the first vampire book I’ve read that is not in a series, so it took me a while to get in the zone, but I did like this book a lot.
  • I was so used to the common human love triangles so when I stumbled upon this one, I thought it was odd. But hey, there’s no such thing as a ‘normal’ love triangle, is there?
  • It may seem slow at the beginning, however, it unravels throughout the story and it all comes down to the end, where it became difficult to stop flipping the pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show us your bookful of thoughts! :)