Monday, October 12, 2009

Justine's Thoughts: Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway

Audrey, Wait!
By Robin Benway

Pages:

313

Description from the site:

California high school student Audrey Cuttler dumps self-involved Evan, the lead singer of a little band called The Do-Gooders. Evan writes, "Audrey, Wait!," a break-up song that's so good it rockets up the billboard charts. And Audrey is suddenly famous!

Now rabid fans are invading her school. People is running articles about her arm-warmers. The lead singer of the Lolitas wants her as his muse. (And the Internet is documenting her every move!) Audrey can't hang out with her best friend or get with her new crush without being mobbed by fans and paparazzi.

Take a wild ride with Audrey as she makes headlines, has outrageous amounts of fun, confronts her ex on MTV, and gets the chance to show the world who she really is.

A quote:

Holy crap, I’m doing it. Stand back, grasshopper, I am a flirting sensei and the world is my dojo.

Any thoughts:

  • Loved it to pieces, that’s all I can say. Audrey has got to be my favourite heroine of all. She’s undeniably funny and incredibly awesome. She got me laughing and squealing the whole time. And let me tell you, only a few books can do that to me. Oh and her parents? They’re the most awesome people ever!
  • So yes, I would definitely recommend this to all those teens out there. It has an original plot that would make it so hard to stop reading. Trust me on that.
  • Oh and there’s a soundtrack, of course (click here!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show us your bookful of thoughts! :)