Monday, October 12, 2009

Justine's Thoughts: The Boyfriend Game by Stephie Davis

The Boyfriend Game
By Stephie Davis

Pages:

157

Book Description:

I would be completely freaking out over varsity soccer tryouts if it weren’t for the new student, Graham, who’s helping me practice. He has the most amazing green eyes, curly brown hair, and perfect legs. Plus, we have lots of common since all we both care about is soccer! Well, that’s all he cares about. But my heart beats so fast when we’re on the field together. . .and I don’t think it’s just from all the running around.

A quote:

“Girls have to stick together. It’s the only way to survive boys.”

Any thoughts:

This is similar to Elizabeth’s Chandler novel Love at First click - fun, light and short (since I read it in a couple of hours!). It was impossible for me to stop reading because I enjoyed it too much. At times, I didn’t know whether to cry or squeal or jump for joy. The plot also takes a twist that I didn’t expect, but it was all good because I love unexpected twists, especially when it gets you wondering what Trisha (our heroine) would do next. And soccer is mostly what the book is about, but when you add romance and a pinch of friends who are obsessed with looking great to impress their crushes, well, what you get is a novel full of squeal-worthy moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show us your bookful of thoughts! :)