Monday, October 12, 2009

Justine's Thoughts: Boy Meets Girl by Meg Cabot

Boy Meets Girl
By Meg Cabot

Pages:

383

Book Description:

Meet Kate Mackenzie. She:

  • works for the T.O.D. (short for Tyrannical Office Despot, also known as Amy Jenkins, Director of the Human Resources Division at the New York Journal)
  • is sleeping on the couch because her boyfriend of ten years refuses to commit
  • can’t find an affordable studio apartment anywhere in New York City
  • thinks things can’t get any worse.


They can. Because:

  • The T.O.D. is making her fire the most popular employee in the paper’s senior staff dining room
  • That employee is now suing Kate for wrongful termination, and
  • Now Kate has to give a deposition in front of Mitch Hertzog, the scion of one of Manhattan’s wealthiest law families, who embraces everything Kate most despises...but also happens to have a nice smile and a killer bod.


The last thing anybody - least of all Kate Mackenzie - expects to find in a legal arbitration is love. But that’s the kind of thing that can happen when...BOY MEETS GIRL.

A quote:

“You really are the angel I’ve always suspected you were. An angel who fell down from heaven to live amongst us. You’ve lifted me from the depths of despair to the height of giddy ecstasy.”

Any thoughts:

The quote above got a chuckle out of me. It would have been quite romantic and full of meaning if only it didn’t come from a character that is loathed, but, hey, that’s what I love.

Anyway, I remember reading a book by Meg Cabot a while ago and simply adored it, just like this one, though Boy Meets Girl is written in unique formats such as letters, emails, diary entries, instant messaging, transcripts and much more. So all you really get is the dialogue between the characters, except for the diary entries in which Kate tells the story.

As a teen, I really, really loved it. I’m sorry for saying it many times but it’s true! I am still squealing from delight, which is probably why I can’t review this book properly (sorry again!!). I just want to suggest this book to all teens who wouldn’t mind the book written in all dialogue (which I love. See? There goes that word again). I’ll be certain to read more of Meg Cabot’s ‘Boy Series’!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show us your bookful of thoughts! :)