Friday, January 8, 2010

3...2...1... Bloggiesta!


Welcome to the 2nd Edition of Bloggiesta in which I, Justine, will be participating in while Steff chillaxes... Anyway, this is my very first time so we'll see how this goes.

First of all, if you don't know what Bloggiesta is, click here for the details. To participate, all you have to do is sign up here using Mr. Linky.

And this weekend will be focused on doing blog-related stuff such as:
  • Write reviews.
  • Write backup posts for a rainy day.
  • Write that great post idea from three months back.
  • Work on series posts.
  • Write guest posts.
  • Put out invitations for guest posts.
  • Conduct and edit author interviews.
  • Create template posts for your future reads (ie: title, images, linking, tags, etc,) so you can open up, write review and post without being bogged down with technicalities
  • Clean up your tags, archives, books reviewed list, etc.
  • Create a text file (or Google Doc) of cheat sheets (html codes, post url’s, etc)
  • Improve your blog template, clean up sidebars, add a favicon, install those plugins that you’ve been meaning to do.
  • Add or edit your about me page, review policy, disclosure policy, privacy policy, create landing pages (for example – an about me for Twitter readers page) or any other pages you might have.
  • Any bloggy type housekeeping that you’ve been neglecting.
  • Clean up and update your challenge lists. Link up your posts with hosts.
  • Make sure all of your social network profiles are up to date. Brand yourself through those profiles with color scheme, images, etc.
  • Go get a gravatar.
  • Visit the Blogging Tips group on the Book Blogs Ning and find ways to improve your blog.
  • Work on any specialized projects that you may have going.
  • Clean out and organize your feed reader and blog subscriptions.
  • Create an elevator pitch.
  • Make business cards.
  • Find a blogging buddy.
  • The sky’s the limit!
There's a lot to do for me. (I've yet to create my list today...*sigh*) But I'm quite excited to get going! So off I start.... OLE!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I've heard about this! I can't participate myself because all our teachers seems to want to cram all the projects and tests in just before the semester ends, but it sounds like a ton of fun. Good luck, and I look forward to seeing any changes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever Idea...Lots to do oer the weekend

    ReplyDelete

Show us your bookful of thoughts! :)