Friday, January 1, 2010

A Few Changes

Steff and I have chatted a little about how to improve the blog for the upcoming year. We mentioned quite a few things, but one that we focused on was author interviews. I've always thought of it as something big, sometimes intimidating me how I thought I have to approach authors professionally and ask for an interview.

Well, I honestly still don't know how to do that...but Steff and I are planning to do it together by coming up with different sorts of interview questions, which I'm horrible at. Then the time will come when we have to actually ask the author. *Deep breath* I know we can do it :)

Also, we're thinking of having a contest, one that involves doing something creative, but we'll get to that.

Onto the memes...I'm going to minimize the number of Daily Doses posted in a month. It seems to take up a lot of space for some reason, but thou shall not worry because it's still going to be posted every now and then though not every Monday anymore.

As for the meme about favourite quotes, we're in the process of thinking of another name. Silly me, I didn't check if "Friday Favourites" exists or not. Thanks to Jenn at Books at Midnight for notifying me about this! If she hadn't, er, I wouldn't know what I'd do. I'm glad there's still time to change it.

One meme that I'd like to start doing is It's Monday! What are you reading? hosted by J. Kaye. I personally think it will help me become more organized.

So, that's all for now, folks! There may be more...but the rest will be a surprise :)


5 comments:

  1. Can't wait! And, lol, totally know what you mean by intimidating. It became a lot easier after I interviewed my first author (Laura Ruby), because she was super nice and put up with all of my newbie blunders. I'm still learning the ropes as I go along though. It's still sort of hard to believe at first that a big author would want to talk to litle me - ME! My advice would just be to hold your breath and go for it, and I'm sure you guys will do great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks for the congrats on the followers. :)
    And I just read over what I wrote and saw that it might not be the most encouraging thing ever. I think what I basically wanted to say is that most atuhors are more than happy to do interviews, and maybe closer your eyes and quickly press "send!"
    I also forgot to say one of my new years resolutions is to comment on your blog more because I love your blog and, Justine, you're one of the cutest, most relatable bloggers I've met! :D
    (Sorry, Steff, I don't know you very well yet, but I look forward to doing so in 2010!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these changes will make your blog even more excellent! Author interviews are scary, to say the least, but I'm about to interview my first author tomorrow...you'll be great at it, I'm sure! This blog is so much fun, and I look forward to all your changes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome changes! The Monday meme has helped me to really stay on track with reading. Gives me that weekly push. ;)

    Happy New Year! I am so very excited. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've also considered doing author interview, and like you, I'm intimidated in how to go about approaching an author! I also chose to stop the Daily Dose meme, even though I really liked the idea. It's Monday meme is one of my favorites, and like J.Kaye mentioned, it gives me an extra push every week!

    ReplyDelete

Show us your bookful of thoughts! :)