Saturday, January 30, 2010

In My Mailbox (11)

In My Mailbox is held weekly by Kristi at The Story Siren. Click here for details on how to participate.


---

Justine:

The Time Traveler's Wife
by Audrey Niffenegger

Audrey Niffenegger's innovative debut, The Time Traveler's Wife, is the story of Clare, a beautiful art student, and Henry, an adventuresome librarian, who have known each other since Clare was six and Henry was thirty-six, and were married when Clare was twenty-three and Henry thirty-one. Impossible but true, because Henry finds himself periodically displaced in time, pulled to moments of emotional gravity from his life, past and future. His disappearances are spontaneous, his experiences unpredictable, alternately harrowing and amusing.

The Time Traveler's Wife depicts the effects of time travel on Henry and Clare's marriage and their passionate love for each other, as the story unfolds from both points of view. Clare and Henry attempt to live normal lives, pursuing familiar goals - steady jobs, good friends, children of their own. All of this is threatened by something they can neither prevent nor control, making their story intensely moving and entirely unforgettable.


23 comments:

  1. One of my best friends read this a while ago and thought it was the best book ever. It sounds very heartbreaking and beautiful at the same time. Also i really want to see the movie!!!the trailer is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo I'm one of those rare gals who strongly disliked this one. Can't wait to see what you think.

    PS I LOVE the mailbox pic. SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really, really loved this book, but I think it's an acquired taste. I can't wait for your review! Oh, and you always have the most adorable pictures on here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to read this one for a long time! I hope you like it and look forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought this one a little while ago and have yet to read it. I've heard only amazing things though.

    Enjoy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! The Time Traveler's Wife! Ohhh, I hope you'll love it as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Time Traveller's Wife looks like a really interesting book. I'm not sure if I'd like it though. Hope you enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read this one, and thought it was pretty decent! Not one of my faves, though. Hope you like it!

    Emidy
    from Une Parole

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to read this too! Enjoy ;D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read this one yet... I need to but haven't gotten around to it. I hope you enjoy it!

    I have a contest running on my blog right now for the book Break by Hannah Moskowitz. Feel free to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have yet to read this book, but I really want to. I loved the movie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm dying to read The Timetraveler's wife, especially in light of the movie and the fact the author just got like...a $5 million deal for her second book. o.o

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so curious to hear your thoughts about this book. :]

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I loved The Time Traveler's Wife. I hope you enjoy it too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved, loved TTW. Can't say enough good things about it. I have to admit that I can't bring myself to see the movie though cause it looks like it won't live up to the book. Nonetheless, a wonderful read. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your mailbox picture.... I need to find one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really, really enjoyed The Time Traveler's Wife. I hope you like it as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVED this book.. I have yet to see the movie, I can't wait!!

    Please stop by my blog and check out mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a good book, hope you enjoy! My mailbox is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This book has been on my wishlist since I traveled to US and saw the poster/trailer of the movie. I hope to read it one day, but the book is still expensive here. Almost 20 dolars (40 reais)! I hope you like it!

    Also, I gave you an award over my blog! Have an awesome week! :)

    http://booksoutofthebookshelves.blogspot.com/2010/01/bliss-happy-101-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't read this one, but it does sound good, and the movie looked interesting. :) Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I saw the movie of this and it was pretty good. Hope you enjoy the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooh, I bought this last week, but I haven't started it yet. I loved the movie and I heard the book was even better! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete

Show us your bookful of thoughts! :)