Saturday, January 2, 2010

In My Mailbox (7)


In My Mailbox is held weekly by Kristi at The Story Siren. Click here for details on how to participate.

---

The very first In My Mailbox of 2010! Yay!

Justine:

Fallen
by Lauren Kate

There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce--and goes out of his way to make that very clear--she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.

Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, Fallen is a page turning thriller and the ultimate love story.

*Received from Random House through a contest!*

---
Steff:

Swoon
by Nina Malkin

Sin is coming... Prepare to Swoon.

Torn from her native New York City and dumped in the land of cookie-cutter preps, Candice is resigned to accept her posh, dull fate. Nothing ever happens in Swoon, Connecticut...until Dice's perfect, privileged cousin Penelope nearly dies in a fall from an old tree, and her spirit intertwines with that of a ghost. His name? Sinclair Youngblood Powers. His mission? Revenge. And while Pen is oblivious to the possession, Dice is all too aware of Sin. She's intensely drawn to him—but not at all crazy about the havoc he's wreaking. Determined to exorcise the demon, Dice accidentally sets Sin loose, gives him flesh, makes him formidable. Now she must destroy an even more potent—and irresistible—adversary, before the whole town succumbs to Sin's will. Only trouble is, she's in love with him.

What do you do when the boy of your dreams is too bad to be true?


Catching Fire
by Suzanne Collins

*SPOILER*

Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.

19 comments:

  1. three great books! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such wonderful books...though I've yet to read swoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap, you NEED to read Poison Study. I'm planning on writing a review for it ASAP (I just need to get two other reviews out of the way before I dive into that one). It's just so fantastically written. But that's just me x)

    Lol, I did that today with the cover of Fallen! It's so soft. o.O! Ooh, you've got a great batch of books! Awesome start to the new year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books this week!! Have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm reading Fallen right now. So far so good. :)

    I hope you enjoy everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, lots of great books!

    I LOVED Catching Fire. And I can't wait to read Fallen .

    Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great books you got. Need to get Fallen asap. :)
    Enjoy reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice books! I also got Fallen, though I didn't really like it. But I hope you do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome books! I can't wait to have my own copy of Fallen... hope you enjoy all of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard great things about all three books so I hope you'll enjoy them all! The one I'm most tempted to read though is probably Catching Fire, but I'd have to read The Hunger Games first. Doesn't really sound like my cup of tea, but everyone and their monkey has been praising them so much that I feel like I just have to! :) Anyway, happy reading and I look forward to your reviews! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great books! Love your blog, btw. The colors are so relaxing and airy! I'm a follower now!

    Here's what I got this week: http://bookielaura.blogspot.com/2010/01/in-my-mailbox-1-3-10.html

    Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read the Hunger Games, and I'm going to get Catching Fire from the library soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fallen is sitting on my shelf waiting to be read, I can't wait to read your review for inspiration to read it.

    Check out what was in my mailbox this week: http://goodgollymisshollybooks.blogspot.com/2010/01/in-my-mailbox-9_03.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look good! I am about to start Catching Fire with my family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I *love* Swoon and Catching Fire! Have fun reading~

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adored catching fire and the ending arghhh!!! im most likely going to start fallen tonight whoop!

    ReplyDelete

Show us your bookful of thoughts! :)