Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday's Finest (43)


Friday's Finest is a new meme hosted by Steff & Justine from A Bookful of Thoughts.

Rules:

~Post a quote that really stuck to you after reading it in a book.
~Make sure it isn't a spoiler!
~If you'd like, expand on what you think it means and why you chose it.

One of the most frustrating words in the human language, as far as I could tell, was love. So much meaning attached to this one little word. People bandied it about freely, using it to describe their attachments to possessions, pets, vacation destinations, and favorite foods. In the same breath they then applied this word to the person they considered most important in their lives. Wasn’t that insulting? Shouldn’t there be some other term to describe deeper emotion?

Halo by Alexandra Adornetto

Ah, the topic of love. It is true that we do throw the word around in different contexts. Sure, I love books, I love ice cream, I love summer. But I also love my family and I love my friends. Love can be expressed in many ways, mostly in our actions as it surely isn't measured only by words.

P.S. Don't you love the cute picture of the cat with the quotation marks? I had it up last week but I forgot to mention it! I think it's nice! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show us your bookful of thoughts! :)